Terms and Conditions
It is important to us that you have a special experience while using the Athena Sisterhood website (www.athenasisterhood.com) (hereafter “Site”) and that when you use this Site you are fully aware of your respective legal rights and obligations. For that reason, we have created these Terms as the legally binding terms to govern your use of this Site. Please read these Terms carefully before using the Site, because they affect your legal rights and obligations (e.g., requiring arbitration and no class relief and limiting our liability).
BY ADHERING TO THE ATHENA SISTERHOOD, I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
1. You accept these Terms and each time you access and/or use the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and any additional terms that will apply to you.
2. Updates to Terms. These Terms and additional terms posted on this Site at each time of use apply to that use, prospectively. You agree that we may provide notice to you of updated terms by posting them on the Site.
3. Legal Capacity. You represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into the agreement set out in these Terms.
4. You must provide accurate information. The information you submit to the Site must be correct. We can refuse access to the Site if we learn that information you have provided is inaccurate.
a. I hereby grant the Athena Sisterhood LLC, WeiLi Duan Young and the Athena's Angels, non-revocable permission to capture my image and likeness in photographs, videotapes, recordings or any other media.
b. I acknowledge that the Athena Sisterhood LLC will own such Videos and Images and I further grant the Athena Sisterhood LLC permission to copyright, display, publish, distribute, use, modify, print and reprint such Images in any manner whatsoever related to business, including without limitation, publications, advertisements, brochures, web site images or other electronic displays and transmissions thereof.
c. I, member of the Athena Sisterhood, in my individual capacity and for my heirs, executors and assigns, forever release and hold the Athena Sisterhood LLC harmless from any and all liability arising out of the use of the Images in any manner or media whatsoever and waive any and all claims and causes of action relating to the use of Images, including without limitation, claims for invasion of privacy rights or publicity.
d. Disclosure. Information collected on the Site may be shared with the Athena Sisterhood LLC, WeiLi Duan Young and the Athena's Angels:
- The information may be disclosed to: (i) provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and member support); (ii) help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) guide decisions about the Athena Sisterhood's products, sites, applications, services, tools and communications. Members of the Athena's Angels will use this information to send you communications.
- Service Providers and Other Third-Parties: The Athena Sisterhood LLC may disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, data hosting services, fraud investigations, site analytic and operations)
- Other Entities with Your Consent: Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third-parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- Legal and Law Enforcement: The Athena Sisterhood LLC may provide your information to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in good faith in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Athena Sisterhood's member user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
6. Limitation of Liability. Our liability is limited. The Athena Sisterhood LLC disclaims all liability, whether based in contract, Tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise and does not accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any use, or inability to use the Site or other content of the Site regardless of the basis upon which liability is claimed.
7. Binding Arbitration. Any disputes under these Terms will be resolved on an individual basis through binding arbitration, with no class relief.
8. Forums. The Athena Sisterhood LLC is not responsible for information you post on our Site.
9. Invited Submissions. From time to time, the Athena Sisterhood LLC may invite you to submit content to the Site, but will not pay for invited submissions and will consider anything you provide to the Athena Sisterhood LLC as free of any obligations to you.
10. Responsible use of Site. You may only use this Site and its contents for lawful purposes and in accordance with applicable law and you are prohibited from storing, distributing, or transmitting any unlawful material, impersonations and other scams through this Site. You may not collect or store personal information regarding other users. You recognize that storing, distributing or transmitting unlawful material could expose you to criminal and/or civil liability. Without limitation, you agree not to send, create, or reply to so called "mailbombs" (i.e., emailing copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent), or conduct impersonations or other scams, or engage in "spamming" (i.e., unsolicited emailing for business or other purposes) or undertake any other activity which may adversely affect the operation or enjoyment of this Site by any other person.
11. House Rules. You may not post material that defames others or is otherwise unlawful and harmful.
a) Online safety is of the utmost importance at Athena Sisterhood LLC. For this reason, you must be 18 years old or older to participate in the Forums.
b) We don't allow obscene, hateful, profane, racist, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable language or material in any of our online forums. Further, you may not harass, insult, defame, slander, abuse or threaten another person.
c) The Athena Sisterhood LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor and screen all content submitted to the Site and may bar the posting or remove any content that, in its sole discretion, violates these Terms, including the House Rules or any Additional Terms, or that it otherwise finds objectionable.
d) You participate in the Forums at your own risk. The Athena Sisterhood LLC takes no responsibility for the content or opinions posted. You take full responsibility for any and all use under your account and username, regardless of whether you've authorized it.
12. Release. You release the Athena Sisterhood LLC from any claims relating to third-parties.
13. Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold the Athena Sisterhood LLC harmless for material you post against any and all claims resulting from your breach of these Terms.
14. Investigations. The Athena Sisterhood LLC reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms, including without limitation, any violation arising from any submission, posting or emails you make or send to any Forum. The Athena Sisterhood LLC may seek to gather information from the user who is suspected of violating these Terms and from any other user. The Athena Sisterhood LLC may suspend any users whose conduct or postings are under investigation and may remove such material from its servers as it deems appropriate and without notice. If the Athena Sisterhood LLC believes, in its sole discretion, that a violation of these Terms has occurred, it may edit or modify any submission, posting or emails, remove the material permanently, cancel postings, warn users, suspend users and passwords, terminate accounts, or take other corrective action it deems appropriate. The Athena Sisterhood LLC will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Athena Sisterhood LLC to disclose the identity of anyone posting any emails, or publishing or otherwise making available any materials that are believed to violate these Terms.
15. Local Regulations. The Athena Sisterhood makes no representation that the Site is available for use outside of the United States. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk. You are responsible for complying with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country you reside in.
16. Choice of Law. These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. where the Athena Sisterhood LLC is incorporated.
17. General. If any portion of these Terms is deemed unenforceable, the remaining provisions will survive.